What one habit could transform someone’s life immediately? Here are some answers to that question when asked on social media.
- Count to 10 before reacting.
- Commit to 10% of a goal. If your goal is to exercise for 30 minutes, commit to 3 minutes. If you want to save 10% of your income, save 1%. We tend to make goals beyond what we’re actually willing to do. Set an ideal goal, then scale back on your actions until ready for more.
- Ask how you contributed to any problem that happens to you…and find the place where you could have/should have done something different.
- Delay gratification. Food, TV, phone, etc. Get used to saying, “I’m not going do that right now; I’m going to do this instead.”
- Live debt-free, or as close to it as possible. Choose to save money for a big purchase, rather than putting it on credit. If you must put it on credit, delay all future purchases until you’ve paid it off.
- The 10 Test: Will this matter in 10 days? In 10 months? In 10 years?
- Raise your integrity level, both to yourself and others…don’t lie about little things, don’t fudge things, don’t cheat in small ways.
- Give 30 minutes of undivided attention to your family when you get home from work. Listen.
What one habit would you suggest to someone looking for success in life?
If I had one suggestion regarding real estate, it’s to interview the realtors you are considering when selling your home or buying a new property. If you’d like to set up a consultation, please don’t hesitate to call me: